[MiramonteTalk] Satellite photos, aerial photos, maps and HOTEL Discounts!

Matt Conover matt.conover at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 18:22:41 MST 2024

The last post I just made of Google Maps for Moraga Barn did not seem to
have a satellite map option, as I had suggested in my cover note, so I
Googled it, or Binged it, and got this AMAZING free map & photo website.

MapHill has them for free download, and sharing with friends and family.
The cover version that I got initially only showed ground views, (e.g.
Bollinger Canyon Road, next to sedimentary wall of ridge alongside St.
Mary's College, where dinosaur bones were discovered and jackhammered out
in the 1870s by UC Berkeley Anthropology Dept., where they reside now in
their museum, from when SF Bay had an arm extending up the 680 corridor and
Moraga. Probably Orinda too.)

I haven't checked yet whether you can pan & scroll & zoom the free maps
from that site, but if you download Google Earth you can. Or, if space on
your computer or phone is limited you can go online to earth.google.com, or
maps.google.com to see your homeland, and your present region if moved
away.