[MiramonteTalk] Back 40 Texas BBQ, Campo used,

Matt Conover matt.conover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:51:52 MST 2024

Pleasant Hill,  close to hotels of Diablo Valley, but already booked Sat.,
Sept. 7, 5-10 pm.

Available 11 - 3 for lunch & afternoon, but way spendy.

Meal Alone:
Min. Buffet lunch = 2 std. meats & 3 sides, starts at $39/person.

Venue rental 4 hrs. $800,
incl'g tables, chairs, linens, set-up, cleanup.

A/V for sideshow, videos, laptops, mic, music system.

20% "svc chg" = tip.

9.25% tax, including tax on tip amt.

So min. with svc chg = $51.13/ person
WITHOUT room rental of $800.

e.g. For 60 ppl, then:
3,067 Food + 800 Room for 4 hr lunch = 3,867 ÷ 60 = $65 per person
with No alcohol.

Can either hire own bartender in-room with serving fee of $250 (divided by
60 ppl & added to ticket price = $4.
65+4= $69/tkt. for Lunch.

Or, drinkers can go down to bar & buy own drinks, waiting in line with
Saturday lunch crowd, not visiting with old friends.

The restaurant has insurance liability bond etc.

50% deposit at time if booking, 50% on tge day.

30 adults minimum. If less, still owe $800 for room rental.

Gen. Svc. Agrt to be presented later.

Location: border of Walnut Crk & Pl. Hill.

Other people can go through this calculation procedure from websites I have
forwarded to Harold, and if necessary call the catering managers for
comparative analysis of equivalent low-ball buffet menu.

Y'all can update the server copy (pun).
Or have Harold help you.

CONCLUSION
I told Adrian, Catering Mgr at Back40 that it sounded too expensive to me,
especially for Lunch, and I'd recommend BYOB&F at city park in Moraga.

So still looking for Sat. Night dinner spot at a restaurant in Orinda. 4th
Bore now on-deck, pending bid from Jobathan, as directed now by Gen.Mgr.

Could use 4thBore on both Fri and Sat.

Backfortyus.com