[MiramonteTalk] Reunion options

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.org
Mon Jul 8 12:26:26 MST 2024

Matt has sent a spreadsheet with options he has investigated. I have added
other info I had along with hyperlinks to the venues. The updated sheet is
at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ZAQAKHnd9YikB6veWeAG3varqbT7QArK5-YUKOTUHs/edit?usp=sharing
.

Some places require the use of a caterer, which I think unduly complicates
things. I think it would be good to use a place that has in-house food
preparation.

I think we need to select the "main event" and make a reservation very
soon. Other events (informal get-togethers, hikes, etc.) can be arranged
over the coming months.

Looking at places that can serve as the main event, I see St. Mary's Soda
Center, Orinda Country Club, and Canyon Country Brewery. We do not as yet
have costs on the Soda Center. We have a non-member price on Orinda
Country Club. It would probably be less with a member sponsor. We have an
approximate price on Canyon Country Brewery.

Can you let me know comments on the options and a vote for which we should
use as the main event? It would be great to get the reservation request in
this week.

THANKS!

Harold

--